If you are looking for the best apps for YouTubers, you are in the right place! In this article, we’ll share the best apps for YouTubers to take their content creation and channel management to the next level. We’ll explore the best apps for YouTubers that can help you streamline your workflow, enhance video production, optimize your channel, and engage with your audience more effectively. This comprehensive list of the best apps for YouTubers will be helpful regardless of whether you’re a beginner or an experienced YouTuber.
Best Apps for YouTubers: Enhancing Content Creation and Channel Management
Whether you are a new YouTuber or a video marketing veteran, this comprehensive list will have something for you. Below is a list of the best apps for YouTubers broken down by category, ranging from video marketing to content creation, to monetization, and everything in between.
Video marketing is incredibly important to maximize success on YouTube. It is not enough to know how to create content, you must also create content that people want to watch and find new ways to engage your audience. Below are five of the best apps for YouTubers when it comes to video marketing.
TubeBuddy is a popular tool used to optimize the success of YouTube videos. I’ve been using this tool for a while and one of my favorite features is the ability to add suggested keywords. TubeBuddy is one of the best apps for YouTubers and is a great way to enhance your channel’s discoverability.
Top TubeBuddy Features
- Keyword Research & Tags
- Video A/B Tests
- Shorts AI Tool
- Weighted/Unweighted SEO Score
- Trending Topics
- Very useful keyword research tool
- Tag explorer tool accessible on app
- Tag rankings available on app
Pricing: Tubebuddy’s pricing ranges anywhere from $5.99/month to $29.99/month. Enterprise pricing is not listed.
vidIQ is a YouTube management tool that focuses on analytics and search engine optimization. This is an extremely useful tool that focuses on keyword research and delivers AI capability.
Top vidIQ Features:
- AI Content Generator
- Keyword Research Tools
- Competitive Analysis
- Channel Audit
- Able to use AI content idea generator from app
- Able to conduct keyword research from app
Pricing: VidIQ’s pricing ranges from free to $79/month.
Google Trends is a very useful tool when it comes to staying on top of global trends. You can search trends by country and also search for specific topics to determine their relevancy. Google Trends is one of the best apps for YouTubers who create a lot of viral or trending content. Google Trends technically isn’t an app, but you can access the website from any mobile device.
Top Google Trends Features:
- Explanation Of Top Trends
- Rising Search Topics
- Rising Search Queries
- Curated Trends by Country
- Resources For Using Google Trends
- Able to search for specific keywords and view data
- Unable to link YouTube search queries to specific videos
Genie is an AI chatbot that is powered by ChatGPT. This is a great tool to use to help generate YouTube video titles and descriptions. Be sure to proofread all content to ensure that it is accurate and does not plagiarize. From an AI perspective, Genie is one of the best apps for YouTubers.
Top Genie Features:
- Ability To Upload Images
- Content Generation
- Easy To Use
- Able to generate AI content on the go
- Able to upload images to chat
- Able to submit web addresses to chat
Pricing: Free and paid plans are available.
YouTube Studio is one of the best apps for YouTubers because you are able to understand the details of your YouTube video performance. Specifically, I enjoy learning about where people drop off in retention and how I acquire new viewers.
Top YouTube Studio Features:
- Live Channel Analytics Available On Mobile
- Respond To Comments From Your Phone
- Review Channel Views Based On Video
- Edit Videos From Your Phone
- Manage Monetization From Your Phone
- Able to get a quick view of channel performance on the go
- Availability of detailed analytics from app
Video and Audio Recording
Recording quality video content can be very challenging for new and experienced YouTubers. Below are the best apps for YouTubers when it comes to recording YouTube videos.
If you create content that requires frequent screen recordings and reactions, it will be important to use the right screen recording software. One option is Screen Recorder – Go Record.
Top Screen Recorder Features:
- Record Your Screen
- Record Reactions
- Edit Recordings In The App
- Simple interface
- Limited functionality without pro account
Pricing: $9.99, Lifetime Access
If you are looking for a way to create engaging intros and outros for your YouTube videos, look no further! IntroTube is a tool that allows you to easily and quickly create YouTube intros, outros, and film credits!
Top IntroTube Features:
- Customizable Templates
- Creative Transitions
- Unlimited Titles
- Voiceover Creation Capability
- Editable Titles
- Easy-to-use templates
- Templates organized by niche
- The best templates require a pro membership
Pricing: $4.99/month or $35.99/year
If you plan to add voiceovers to your YouTube videos, then you should check out Voz Voice recorder. This is a tool that allows you to record and edit audio in the app.
Top Voz Voice Recorder Features:
- Recording Capability
- Pause Recording Capability
- Microphone Compatibility
- Very easy to use
- Unpaid account has ads
If you would like to easily add video captions to your YouTube videos, look no further! MixCaptions is a tool that automatically adds captions to your videos.
Top MixCaptions Features:
- Ability To Translate English Content Into Other Languages
- Profanity Censoring Capability
- Caption Editing Capability
- Supports Vertical And Horizontal Videos
- Customizable Fonts And Colors
- Very easy to use
- Able to transcribe videos in different languages
Price: $9.99/month for individuals, $24.99/month for businesses
Streamlabs is a tool that you can use to live stream from YouTube while personalizing your stream with various widgets! Streamlabs is one of the best apps for YouTubers who are interested in live streaming.
Top Streamlabs Features:
- Ability To Stream Games
- Personalization Of Live Stream
- Include Various Widgets, Such As A Chat Box, Donation Ticket, And More
- Ability To Stream To Any Platform
- Very easy to use
- Able to customize stream with Ultra membership
- Able to stream to multiple platforms at once with Ultra membership
Price: $19/month or $149/year
Video editing is often the most difficult aspect of creating quality YouTube videos. Below are some of the best apps for YouTubers when it comes to video editing.
I use VideoShop quite often when creating YouTube Shorts. This is a very easy-to-use tool without all of the bells and whistles.
Top VideoShop Features:
- Easily Edit Videos And Distribute To Multiple Platforms
- Ability To Add Text And Animated Titles To Videos
- Sound Effect Options
- Creative Transitions
- Green Screen Features
- Very easy to use
- App saves videos, even when deleted from phone
- App uses a lot of ads
- Font choices are not the same as the fonts used on popular apps
Price: $3.99 for one month, $23.99 for 12 months, or $99.99 for life
InShot is an easy-to-use video and photo editor that includes a variety of editing options.
Top InShot Features:
- User-friendly Platform
- Ability To Add Text And Filters To Video
- Options To Add Music To Video Content
- Animation Add Ons To Make Videos More Interesting
- Able to create videos, photos, and collages in app
- Easy-to-use video editor
- The best tools are only available with a pro membership
Price: $3.99 for one month, $17.99 for 12 months, or $39.99 for life
Filmic Pro is a mobile video editor that focuses on creating cinema-quality video. This is one of the best apps for YouTubers who would like to create high-quality video content.
Top Filmic Pro Features:
- Ability To Import Luts
- Focus/exposure Mode Selector
- Realtime Film Looks
- Timelapse And Slow-motion Editing
- Image Stabilization
- Advanced filming options to create quality content off the bat, such as the ability to modify the frame rate.
- Users must subscribe in order to export videos
Price: $2.99/week or $49.99/year
Adobe Premiere Rush is the mobile version of Adobe Premiere and makes it easy to capture professional-quality video content with a built-in camera. This is one of the best apps for YouTubers who are familiar with Premiere Pro.
Top Adobe Premiere Rush Features:
- Pan And Zoom Effect Capability
- Animated Titles
- Ability To Add Images And Overlays To Video
- Multitrack Timeline Capability
- Premium Content Library
- Able to edit media on multiple tracks
- Easy-to-use interface
Price: $4.99 for one month, $34.99 for 12 months
Movavi is an advanced video editor that helps you to create engaging video content using your mobile device.
Top Movavi Features:
- Ability To Easily Trim, Split, And Merge Video Content
- Speed Up And Slow Down Capability
- Color Filter Capability
- Adjust The Brightness And Saturation Of Photos
- Adjust Audio Capability
- Easy-to-use editor with many effects
- Voiceovers and video overlays only available with pro membership
Price: $1.99 for one month, $12.99 for 12 months
Below are the best apps for YouTubers when it comes to adding music to video content.
Soundstripe is easily one of the best apps for YouTubers due to the quality of music available. Whenever I’m looking for professional, high-quality music, Soundstripe is my go-to!
Top Soundstripe Features:
- Unlimited Music And Sfx Based On Subscription
- Ability To Save Favorite Songs
- Song Suggestions
- Filters Available To Narrow Down Song Selection
- Ability To Download Songs Directly To Your Device
- Access to unlimited music for projects with membership
- Very high-quality music
Pricing: Creator Account – $14.99/month, Pro Account – $29.99/month
The YouTube Audio Library is a hidden gem! While this tool is only available to use on desktop, it is a really easy way to add music to your YouTube videos! While some songs aren’t the best quality, there are also just as many songs and special effects that are good quality. If you are looking for a free option that is royalty-free and covered under the creative commons license, check out the YouTube Audio Library!
Top YouTube Audio Library Features:
- Ability To Favorite Selections
- Sound Effects Available
- Audio Tracks Available
- Free, easy-to-use music and sound effects
- Can take a while to find a quality song
If you create YouTube videos on a regular schedule, it is important to have a process in place so that you stay on track. Below are the best apps for YouTubers for project management. Be sure to check out these apps if you are interested in managing your workflow with a project management app.
I’ve used Trello for years and this is one of my favorite project management apps. Trello is extremely easy to use and very intuitive, easily making it one of the best apps for YouTubers. This tool is also available via desktop and smartphone, making it very accessible.
Top Trello Features:
- Creation Of Multiple To-do Lists
- Ability To Assign Tasks To Different People
- Drag Cards Across The Board To A Different Category
- Ability To Create Checklists, Labels, And Add Due Dates To Cards
- Create Calendar View Of Due Dates
- Easy to manage projects from desktop to mobile
- Mobile app has same functionality as desktop
Todoist is a list app/task manager that helps you to categorize tasks for personal and work purposes. This is a very simple but effective time management and productivity app.
Top Todoist Features:
- Integrate Todoist with Calendar
- Assign tasks to others
- Add recurring due dates to tasks
- Use insights to learn about productivity trends
- Available on desktop and mobile
- App helps you to organize morning and evening habits
- App recognizes everyday language
If you are interested in taking your graphic design to the next level, look no further! Below are some of the best apps for YouTubers for creating quality graphic design.
Canva is my go-to when it comes to quickly creating beautiful graphics for my YouTube channel. Canva is so easy to use and so much can be done with even the free version of this tool. I use Canva to create my video thumbnails as well as the art for my YouTube channel. Canva is absolutely one of the best apps for YouTubers.
Top Canva Features:
- Variety Of Fonts
- Variety Of Images And Icons
- Flexibility When Creating Graphics
- Customizable Graphic Sizes
- Files Accessible On Desktop And Mobile Devices
- Easy-to-use app that is similar to desktop experience
- App can be a bit slow
Pricing: $12.99/month or $119.99/year
Thumbnail Maker for YT Studio is a tool that helps you to create custom thumbnails for your YouTube content. If you need a bit of help when it comes to creating an attractive thumbnail, this is definitely a tool that you should check out!
Top Thumbnail Maker Features:
- Selection Of Free Backgrounds
- Ability To Customize Dimensions
- Unique Design Elements
- Wide Variety Of Fonts To Choose From
- User-friendly Experience
- Able to try the app free for three days
- A wide variety of backgrounds, overlays, stickers, and typographies to select from
- Must pay to use app
Pricing: $4.99/week, $9.99 for one month, $24.99 for 12 months, or $49.99 for life
If you are interested in monetizing your YouTube channel, check out the monetization tool listed below.
Patreon is one of the most popular tools when it comes to monetizing creative content. Patreon is used by the top YouTubers on the platform and is definitely a tool to consider once your channel begins gaining traction. Patreon is one of the best apps for YouTubers for monetization.
Top Patreon Features:
- Create Membership Tiers
- Build A Community Without Algorithms
- Create Exclusive Content For Members
- Ability to keep track of memberships in app
- App has limited functionality for creators
Below is a list of some of the best apps for YouTubers not included in the previously mentioned categories.
Fiverr is one of those catch-all tools that can do a little bit of everything and is easily one of the best apps for YouTubers. Whether you need someone to write a script, create thumbnails, or even create a custom intro/outro, you can find it on Fiverr! Price ranges vary but this is a great service to have in your back pocket as a YouTube content creator.
- East-to-use app available
- Easy to search for and hire services from the app
Pricing: Cost varies based on service
If you need help writing engaging headlines, look no further! Most people use this tool for blogs, but it can also be used for YouTube videos.
Price: Plans range from free to $99/month
This is a great tool to use to double-check your title capitalization. I use this not only for my YouTube channel but also for blog posts!
Tips for Growing Your YouTube Channel
Now that we’ve reviewed the best apps for YouTubers, check out the checklist below for tips to grow your YouTube channel!
Select a Niche
One of the most important aspects of growing your YouTube channel is selecting a niche. It is important to find the right niche and stick to it, as this is how YouTube will categorize your channel. As your channel becomes more established, you can experiment with creating content in another niche (if that is your goal).
Conduct Keyword & Content Research
Next, it is important to conduct research to determine the topics of the videos that you will create. For search-based videos, it will be important to conduct keyword research and find keywords that aren’t as competitive but still yield search volume. For trend-based videos, it will be important to pay attention to various trends based on your industry and create content around those topics.
Now that you’ve identified potential video topics, it is time to assign these topics to a schedule. This is also the step where you will work on the video outline and determine the flow of your overall video.
Batch Fim & Edit Content
I recommend batch filming and editing content whenever possible. An example of this is filming multiple videos in one day, and then batch editing these videos another day. This way you are maximizing your time and getting more done in one workflow.
This step is pretty simple – publish your content! Be sure to stick to a consistent publishing schedule.
Evaluate Content & Improve
Now that you’ve published your content, wait a few days and begin making notes about your video’s performance. If you notice that your content isn’t doing well, dig into the analytics to understand why.
FAQs about the Best Apps for YouTubers
What are the best apps for editing YouTube videos?
Some of the best apps for editing YouTube videos include FilmoraGo, Adobe Premiere Rush, and VideoShop.
Can I optimize my YouTube channel using apps?
Apps like YouTube Studio, TubeBuddy, and VidIQ help you to keep track of your content using apps. Many of these apps also show you in-depth analytics to help drive decision-making and optimize your YouTube channel.
Are there any apps to help with graphic design for YouTube?
Yes! One of my favorite apps to use for YouTube graphic design is Canva. I have used this app on my phone as well as my desktop and it is a game changer.
How can I engage with my YouTube audience more effectively?
Apps like TubeBuddy Mobile and Community Tab for YouTube are great tools used to engage with your audience. It is important to respond to comments and engage in discussion with your audience.
Is it important to track YouTube analytics?
It is important to track YouTube analytics because this data will show you where you can improve your YouTube content.
Conclusion: The Best Apps For YouTubers
Whether you are new to YouTube or have been on the platform for a while, it is always great to learn about the best apps for YouTubers and new tools that could help your channel. Whether you are trying to learn more about video marketing or you need help editing your YouTube videos, this article shares a little bit of everything. This comprehensive article lists the best apps for YouTubers and I hope that they help you to grow your channel! Please let me know if you have any questions or if you have tried any of these apps in the comments.
Check out these helpful articles:
Latest posts by Morgan (see all)
- The Best Lights for Product Photography: Six Lights to Create Amazing Photos - July 20, 2023
- 15 Innovative AI Tools for YouTube to Skyrocket Your Channel - June 24, 2023
- 13 Effective Social Media Caption Templates for Businesses - June 15, 2023